Friday, February 1, 2013

Five for Friday and Superbowl!

Happy Friday!! And Happy February!!
1. This week, my 4th graders worked on Comparing Number Expressions and True and False Number Sentences. Here's an anchor chart we made to help us remember what to do!

2. My 3rd graders finished their Realistic Fiction stories in Writer's Workshop. I can't wait to read them and grade them this weekend! (Even though I have already read them.. but they were only in the rough draft stage then!) I used Jessica's Rockin Realistic Fiction unit to teach writing realistic fiction, and wow! What a difference! She has tons of great graphic organizers that were really helpful for my special needs students.. It worked out so well that I already have her next Writer's Workshop unit (All About Books for nonfiction writing) printed out & ready to go! =)

3. Major accomplishment: I completed my lesson plans before Friday afternoon. Actually, I finished them on Thursday!! This was one of my New Year's Resolutions, so yippee! (Now let's hope I can keep it up...)

4. I used Google Forms in my classroom for the first time this week! I first read about them from Stephanie over at 3rd Grade Thoughts (click on the link to see her post!) I used it for my math class and during guided reading (less pieces of paper = happy me). Here's what my Guided Reading form looks like:
5. And last but not least.. who's excited for the Superbowl Sales on TPT and TeachersNotebook?! ME!!! I already have wayy too many things on my wishlist & I'm sure I'll somehow add more before Sunday. Be sure to check out my stores for some great sales (I'm throwing the sale on both Saturday & Sunday.. so if you're itching to do some shopping, you can start tomorrow!) Enjoy!!
Thanks to Ashley Hughes for the adorable graphic! =)

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. The few times I've managed to plan before I left work on Friday have felt like a huge celebration! Enjoy your weekend.

    Angelia
    Extra Special Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, I know it's a year later, but I tried to view Jessica's Realistic Fiction unit and was unable to see it. Do you have a better link or access to it? I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you for putting so many great ideas and resources on you blog!!
      Karen

      Delete
    2. Hi Karen! Thank you for pointing out that the link doesn't work. I did a little searching on TeachersPayTeachers and it looks at though Jessica is no longer selling or no longer selling under that name. I will continue to look for her product (maybe she created a new seller name..) and if I find it, I will let you know! It was a really great product so I hope I can find it!

      Delete

Tell me what you think!

 
Pin It button on image hover