Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Techy Teacher Tuesday - Confer App

Hi Everyone! I am in a verrry good mood tonight because they have already called for a 2-hour delay tomorrow! Wooo! I'm hoping for a snow day! *fingers crossed*
I'm linking up with Katie over at Queen of the First Grade Jungle for her Techy Teacher Tuesday Linky Party (love the name!). I was actually shown a cool iPad App today at a workshop that I think will be really useful! It's called Confer. It's a notetaking app that would be great for Reader's and Writer's Workshop conferencing! The app allows you to add your notes from conferencing with your students, input their reading levels and flag students with a red, yellow or green flag (depending on how you think they are progressing). After that, you are able to group your students by levels or by flag colors. Once I use it with my students, I will share my experience with it & I will know more about the app, but the teacher and administrator at my workshop seemed to really like it.. plus there's a free version! So why not try it, right? Click on the image below to head over to the ConferApp website!


Now I'm going to get in bed & dream of a snowday! =)
Don't forget! If you haven't linked up yet, there is still time to link up for Special Needs Sunday!! Get your booty over there!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I started using Confer this year and I really like it! The kids love reading their conference notes off the iPad and I love that it makes me focus on strengths, teaching points, and next steps. The only drawback I've found is that you can't backdate items, so if I do a quick conference on paper (because I've misplaced or forgotten my iPad) or a parent does a conference, I have to remember to put the conference info in on the same day if I want the group by date feature to be accurate.
    Katie
    I Want to be a Super Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

 
Pin It button on image hover