Sunday, January 13, 2013

Special Needs Sunday Linky Party!

Welcome to Special Needs Sunday! A place to share your tips, tricks, & resources that help the special needs students you work with!

Here are the rules:
1. Post the image above in your post & link it back to here.
2. Anyone can link up.. You could just have one student with ADHD in your class or you could teach in a self contained class with multiple disabilities.. Parents of special needs children, OTs, PTs, SLPs, etc.. everyone is included!
3. I'm going to use the Farley rule for this one.. You must comment on the 2 people before you and the one person after you once you link up! Because it's nice =)
4. You may highlight one of your own products from your store (or other people's products), but it must be helpful for a special needs student! Make sure it could really help others who work with special needs children.

The linky will be open for the remainder of the month, so if you're not ready to share today, you still have time!

Sound good to everyone? Alright.. here goes!

Last year, I felt that I had trouble keeping track of all of my students' goals & objectives, and making sure I met their needs each day. Then it would be time to rate their progress with their goals and I would be pulling my hair out debating how I should rate them. Yuck, it was stressful!

So this year, I decided I needed a better way to keep track of it all. So I made these Individualized Conferencing Sheets. Each student gets one sheet for writing goals and one sheet for reading goals, and I typed their goals right onto the page. So now whenever I conference with them, I can write down which goals we worked on and which ones need more practice. I must say, they've helped me a lot and I've actually just added them to my new guided reading binder as well (since I am on a Guided Reading Mission!). Click here to check it out at my store.. they are also editable so you can type your students' goals on there as well!

Now get your booty movin and link up! Happy Special Needs Sunday! =)
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Keeping track of all those goals, sometimes is its own nightmare. I like how you created one that helps to keep track of the goal and what your next teaching steps will be.

    Alison
    Toad-ally Exceptional Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your writing conference sheet Ashley! I have a hard time keeping track of IEP goals & progress monitoring.

    -Becky
    Lesson Plans & Lattes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting this! I am super excited what other great ideas people have!
    Kate
    http://funinecse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this! I am not ready to share just yet...but would like to link up next week. I'm excited to find other great ideas and blogs for Special Education!

    Thanks for hosting :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Thanks for hosting this! I also love your resource for keeping track of goals.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

 
Pin It button on image hover