Tuesday, January 29, 2013

QR Codes!

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I am in a good mood this evening because I had my observation this morning and I think it went well! Or maybe I'm just happy because it's over and I don't have to stress! However, during my observation, I used a really cool techy thing that I couldn't wait to share with you all!
QR Codes. I've seen them all over the place, I have scanned them on my phone.. but I have never used them in my classroom or made one myself.. until now! I downloaded the app Qrafter Pro the other day and I was impressed with how easy it is to make a QR Code that will bring up anything you want! You can connect it to a website, text, email, etc.! Honestly, if you haven't tried making them, but are thinking about it.. just do it! It's super easy! So easy that I made a brand new activity for my math centers just in time for SuperBowl Sunday!
  
The activity includes 24 true and false number sentence cards and 2 football themed mats for sorting. Then, students can use our classroom iPad to scan the QR Code and check their work! A self checking center? Without worksheets?! Love it! =)

I was so excited last night to get these all ready for my 4th graders today, so I was doing some printing and laminating (possibly one of my favorite things to do!).
Luckily this work paid off and my kids really loved it! I'll say it one more time & then I will move on.. QR Codes are super easy to make (and fun!), go try it!

Okay anyway.. To celebrate the upcoming Superbowl.. the first 2 people to correctly guess my favorite NFL football team gets my Touchdown Number Sentences activity for free! (Hint: I live in New Jersey) Be sure to leave your email! Good luck! =)

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. hmmm...I am guessing from the colors...New Jersey Titans? Fingers crossed!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating
    eclecticeducating@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks so easy and so fun. I will definitely be looking into this "techie" idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi -

    I'm thinking you are a Giants fan? Have you been to a game at the Meadowlands?

    My third grade boys would love the football activities!

    Jane
    jsavatki@gmail.com
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a winner! Yes, I have been to a game at the Meadowlands (my boyfriend actually works there!) I'll be emailing you the Touchdown Number Sentences soon! =)

      Delete
    2. Jane - I emailed you but it sent me a return email saying your email address does not exist. Email me at miss.ashley815@gmail.com so I can get you the packet =)

      Delete
  4. Only in New Jersey could you say that you love the NY Giants. However, I think they should be called the New Jersey Giants, not the New York Giants. Guess what state I live in, LOL! My little Giants would love this QR Scan, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops, I got so excited that I actually knew an answer to a football question that I forgot to leave my email address. It's vrlatka@verizon.net.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're also a winner! =) And you're right, it should be the NJ Giants because they play in NJ! I'll be emailing you the Touchdown Number Sentences shortly!

      Delete

Tell me what you think!

 
Pin It button on image hover