Yes, I know it's Saturday.. but when you get home from work at 6:30 and fall asleep by 8:00pm on your couch, there's not much time to write a blog post. I'm so lame!
However, I did really want to link up with Kacey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday Linky, so I'm linking up this morning (since I was up before 8am due to my early bed time last night). So here goes..
Today's Five for Friday is 5 Random Things about this week or today:
1. I am on a Guided Reading Mission! I have been using Reader's Workshop with my special needs 3rd Graders, which is great in many ways.. but I just think it is more beneficial for students who are reading on grade level. I decided that my students need something a little more structured and intensive (but still keeping Reader's Workshop's mini lessons where applicable), so I am trying to find as many Guided Reading materials as possible to get me started! Anyone have any suggestions??
2. I found this amaaaazing freebie via Pinterest the other night & I'm SO excited about using it with my kiddos!! Jennifer from Teaching to Inspire in 5th was so nice to share this comprehension packet that students can use with any fiction or nonfiction book in her TPT Store. I'm sending it home with my 3rd graders on Monday! Click on the pic above to grab your own!
3. My students and I finished this adjectives anchor chart on Monday. They had a lot of fun with it and I like how colorful it is! Of course, I can't take credit for the idea.. it was another great Pinterest find! The pin came from Step into 2nd Grade with Mrs. Lemons.. her's looks awesome!
4. I got an iPad from my principal on Wednesday! (I know, I mentioned this in my last post.. but it's exciting!) Love it! =)
5. Tomorrow is going to be the 2nd edition of Special Needs Sunday!! And this time, it's going to be a linky party!! I am going to host a Special Needs Sunday Linky Party on the 2nd Sunday of each month. This is your chance to share anything you would like about how you help your students with special needs in your classroom. Now, this is not only for Special Ed teachers.. it's for any teacher, any grade, any subject, parent of special needs children, speech therapist, occupational therapist, physical therapist, etc, etc. As I've said before, it is an inclusive linky party! So get your posts ready to link up tomorrow!!