Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First Currently (and post!) of 2013!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 
I hope you all had a fun New Year's Eve! We had some friends at our apartment, made lots of food & had fun (maybe a little too much fun.. hence my very UNproductive day.. whoops!).

Anyway.. I can't believe it's back to school tomorrow! I am soo not ready.. I also don't have any ink left in my computer, so I have a lot of printing to do tomorrow morning, ahh! (You would think that during the 11 days I had off, I would have found time to buy some ink.. but no.) Luckily, one of my new year's resolutions is to wake up earlier & get to work earlier.. so let's hope day 1 goes well (fingers crossed! Seriously.. I don't know how well this resolution is going to go..)

On a positive note, I do love the feeling of a new year. I get very motivated and excited about what's to come. I make big plans and goals in my mind for changes in my classroom (whether they all happen or not is another story.. =P). It's just a nice feeling to have a clean slate and start new! I also like getting back into my routine & being done with the holiday craziness (I love the holiday season, but it definitely throws off my normal schedule).

Although I should have posted this quote yesterday, I still think it is appropriate (and I'm just going to pretend that tomorrow is the 1st page.. because today wouldn't be worth writing about!)
And now, it's time for January Currently with Farley from Oh' Boy, Fourth Grade
I chose the word true for my OLW (one little word) because that is something I want to do this year.. stay true to who I am and what I know. I've always been a pretty confident person (especially when it comes to teaching & working with others), but this past year or 2, I've let some anxieties and doubts get the best of me. This year, I want to remain true to who I am and not doubt what I do or why I do it. Bye bye silly doubts! =)

For those of you going back to school tomorrow, best of luck getting back into the swing of things! For those of you who do not have to go back tomorrow.. I'm jealous.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya with the printer ink problem. What a pain.
    I like your OLW. It can be difficult to stay true when you know what you are being told what to do is a crock!
    Good luck tomorrow!!
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate about the ink- I always get mine on Amazon because it is way cheaper. However I never remember to order it till it has run out! Hmmm maybe I should check mine out now that you have mentioned it! Have a great day back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALWAYS have to clean the kitchen. Boo!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower! :) Looking forward to following you right into 2013!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

 
Pin It button on image hover