Saturday, December 22, 2012

What's been going on in the resource room! Plus freebies!

Howdy bloggy buddies! I must say, waking up this morning (with no alarm), and being able to leisurely drink my coffee & do some blog hopping was really amazing! I hope many of the next 11 days will include the same morning routine =)

So this last week of school was fun & filled with many winter holiday activities! Here's what we were up to:

In my 3rd grade Reading & Language Arts class we worked on Hooray for the Holidays Booktivity by Shelley from Teaching in the Early Years (it's free! grab it now for next year!). They came out super cute!
Inside each flap, they wrote about each heading. The kids had fun & it got them writing! We even listened to some holiday music while we worked =)

We also did a winter writing activity that I used for my bulletin board. The mittens and writing prompts are from Mynda at B is for Bilingual. You can grab your copy here! (also free! It would be a great writing activity to do after the break!) You can also grab my "Let It Snow" freebie here!
As a read aloud this week, I read Horrible Harry and the Holidaze by Suzy Kline. It was a great way for my students to learn about some of the traditions of the different winter holidays. Plus, they love Horrible Harry, so it was a win-win! To check that they were listening and understanding the story, I used the exit slips from my Comprehension & Vocab Packet for Horrible Harry & the Holidaze (which is currently on sale!)

As for my 4th grade math class, we have switched over to using differentiated math centers along with Everyday Math so I can meet the needs of my lower students (who really need 3rd grade skills, rather than 4th), while not holding my higher students back. It's working well so far! Here is the board I use to keep track of the centers & help my students know what they need to be doing (I will be posting the signs I used soon!)
And finally, I wanted to share with you what I made my students as a little holiday gift! So some of you may have heard of Snowman Soup via Pinterest (that's where I found it!).. what a cute idea! I can't believe I haven't found it earlier! All you do is get a winter goodie bag and fill it with:

- A hot cocoa package
- A candy cane
- Marshmallows
- A few Hershey Kisses

And then attach this little label to the outside! Voila! Snowman Soup. Nice, easy.. and cheap! =) Here's what mine looked like:
Click on the picture below to download my labels for free!
(I do not take any credit for the poem!)
So that's what's been going on with me! Did you all have a fun week as well? I hope you are all able to relax this break & enjoy some time with your loved ones! =) Don't forget, I'm throwing a winter sale for 20% off my entire store! Just click the link below to head on over! Happy Break!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

 
Pin It button on image hover