Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Resolutions Linky!

I'm sure this story sounds familiar to you: Every year, I make resolutions and go crazy throughout the month of January to keep up with them (or just pin a million things to a "Get Fit" board with plans to do all of those workout routines and make every smoothie I could ever find). Then February hits, I get lazy busy, and somehow end up throwing all of those resolutions out the window. From what I've been reading on other blogs, this is a common situation.

So I am hoping this year that by putting it in writing, my resolutions may actually happen! And if I start slacking, you guys can call me out on it.. deal? I'm even participating in two linky parties to increase my chances of keeping up with my resolutions (makes sense.. right?).

I'm linking up with Amanda over at Teaching Maddeness for her Resolution Solution Linky Party.
Teaching Maddeness
And I'm also linking up with Diane from Teaching with Moxie for her What is Your 2013 New Year's Classroom Resolution Linky Party.
My classroom resolutions are:
1. Get my lesson plans/materials ready BEFORE the weekend!
Now let me preface this with saying that I am an organized person (sometimes OCD) & I need love to plan & be prepared. However, I am notorious for completing my written lesson plans Sunday night (and even on Monday during my prep, eeek!). I just find them so tedious and they take time away from getting my materials ready. Therefore, I end up procrastinating and ultimately wasting more time. This is why I need to just bite the bullet, get them done before Friday, and have Sunday to organize materials, do some blog hopping, and possibly even.. dare I say.. relax? A girl can dream..

2. Get to work earlier.
I make a similar resolution every year. I am a serial snooze button abuser and literally wake up every morning at the latest possible minute that gives me just enough time to get ready & scoot out the door. I constantly say that I hate rushing and wish I had time to leisurely get myself ready in the morning, maybe eat breakfast at home (rather than in my car) and get to work earlier to get myself ready for the day ahead. And every year, it is a MAJOR FAIL. I may wake up early the first day or 2 after winter break, and then I'm right back in my same routine. Anyone have any tips?? This will probably be my most challenging resolution.

My personal resolutions are:
1. READ
My whooole life, I have always loved reading. I would read almost every night before bed and finish books rather quickly. Besides all of the 50 Shades of Grey books (I couldn't put those down!!), I can't remember the last time I've read books consistently. I am even backed up on my Cosmo magazine subscription! (There are 2 sitting on my end table that haven't been touched.. Which is almost unheard of.) So I'm reeeally hoping to read all of the great books I bought over the summer, with the intention to read during the summer (which was another fail).

2. Go to the gym.
Every year, I also say I'm going to lose weight, exercise more, diet, yadda, yadda, yadda. Last year, I did a pretty good job of eating healthier & even joined a gym to stay in shape. However, once school started back up this September, I completely lost all motivation to go to the gym. This school year has been very hectic and busy and the gym was honestly the least of my worries. But I do feel better (mentally & physically) when I go to the gym, so I need to make an effort to find time to go (especially since I'm paying for it and not using it.. which is something I always said I would not do!). So fingers crossed on this one!

3. Blog more & create more products!
I really hope I keep up with this resolution! I definitely slacked on my blog & my TPT/TN store when school started. It was really easy to keep up with everything during the summer (duh), but once school started, I just couldn't find the time. Thankfully, lately I have been creating more resources so I'm really hoping it continues! Please kick my butt if I go MIA again! Thanks =)

So there you have it! I have written them down, shared them with all of you & I'm hoping to stick to it! What are some of your resolutions? Head on over to one of the blogs above (or both!) and link up! =)

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley!
    Thank you SO much for linking up your resolutions. There is something about the new year that motivates me to make changes. I love to plan and, sometimes, have to reign myself in from finding the perfect resources. I could spend hours on TPT, Blogs and Pinterest. Luckily we team plan, so it keeps me on track.

    I hope you have a terrific 2013!

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Ashley,
    I'm with you on the resolutions. They go by the wayside every year....maybe writing them will make them stick! I'm with you on the lesson plans! I need to prepare a little ahead of time. Sometimes I do and sometimes I just wing it! LOL! I'm a total procrastinator! Thanks for sharing. Happy to be your newest follower!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following my blog Ashley- I am your newest follower and I grabbed your button. Thanks for sharing as part of this linky party! H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to work on finding time for fun reading during the school year too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley,
    I see so much of myself in what you wrote! I need to do do my plans before Sunday as well. I'm notorious for that (but I haven't pulled materials yet, yikes!)! And, I also have a gym membership and I haven't stepped foot in there since school started (ok, maybe twice, but that can't really count) and I also feel better when I exercise. I do get to work early but I also eat breakfast in my car!! I think we have quite a bit in common!! ;O)

    Thank you for following us, now we are following you!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...it almost sounds as if I wrote these resolutions! I would love to have leisure time in the mornings, too! I always do well after breaks or at the beginning of the week, but by Thu/Fri...it is ROUGH! ;) I also LOVE to read, but only have time during the summer. My "guilty pleasure" was also my US Weekly subscription, but last year I never had time to read those, so I didn't renew my subscription. This summer I decided to subscribe again and I haven't had a chance to read ONE during the school year. FAIL! :(

    I guess, just know that you have company!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

 
Pin It button on image hover